David B. Sloan
"One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple."
- Reading the Psalms with Jesus and the Apostles: The Understanding of the Psalms in Luke-Acts. Paternoster Biblical Monographs. Paternoster, forthcoming.
- "The τις εξ υμων Similitudes and the Extent of Q." Journal for the Study of the New Testament 38 (2016): 339-355.
- "Interpreting Scripture with Satan? The Devil's Use of Scripture in Luke's Temptation Narrative." Tyndale Bulletin 66 (2015): 231-250.
- "God of Abraham, God of the Living: Jesus' Use of Exodus 3:6 in Mark 12:26-27." Westminster Theological Journal 74 (2012): 85-98.
- "Biblical Chronology." Lexham Bible Dictionary.
- "Q: Critical Issues." Lexham Bible Dictionary.
- Review of Christopher Tuckett, From the Sayings to the Gospels (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 328; Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2014). Review of Biblical Literature 03/2016.
- Review of Simon Gathercole, The Gospel of Thomas: Introduction and Commentary (Texts and Editions for New Testament Study; Leiden: Brill Academic, 2014). Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 58 (2015): 661-663.
- Review of François Bovon, New Testament and Christian Apocrypha (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2011). Trinity Journal 36 (2015): 139-141.
- Review of James D. G. Dunn, The Oral Gospel Tradition (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2013). Review of Biblical Literature 05/2015.
- Review of Linden E. Youngquist, Q 6:37-42: Not Judging - The Blind Leading the Blind - The Disciple and the Teacher - The Speck and the Beam (Documenta Q; Leuven: Peeters, 2011). Review of Biblical Literature 04/2013.
- Review of Gordon J. Wenham, Psalms as Torah: Reading Biblical Song Ethically (Studies in Theological Interpretation; Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2012). Bulletin for Biblical Research 23 (2013): 105-106.
- Review of Richard Bauckham, The Bible and Ecology: Rediscovering the Community of Creation (Sarum Theological Lectures; Waco: Baylor University Press, 2010). Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 54 (2011): 824-825.
Home | Sermons | Academic Papers | Blog
© 2013 David B. Sloan.
All sermons and papers here are the property of David B. Sloan
and may not be reproduced without the express written permission of the author.